Vegetarian Diet Delight – Khakra Chaat
Khakra Chaat – A perfect Vegetarian Diet Recipe
Spice up your evening snacks with this yummy Vegetarian Diet Khakra Chaat Recipe.
6 Medium Whole Wheat Khakra broken into 6 to 8 pieces each (1 khakra per plate)
- 1/2 Cup Onion chopped
- 1 1/2 Tea_Sp Garlic Clove grated
- 4 Medium Tomato blanched, peeled and pureed
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Paneer (Cottage Cheese) low fat and cut into cubes
- 1/4 Cup Green Peas boiled
- 1/2 Cup Tomato chopped
- 1 Piece Green Chillies chopped
- 1 Tea_Sp Sugar
- 2 Tea_Sp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Tea_Sp Oregano
- 1 Tea_Sp Oil
Add to taste:
- Salt and Pepper
For the garnish:
- 2 Table_Sp Coriander chopped
Check our Blog on Fast Food and Health, Snacking: A Key to Good Health
For the topping
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and cook till the oil separates.
- Add the paneer, sweet corn, green peas, tomato, green chilli, sugar, chilli powder, oregano and salt and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and keep aside.
- Place the khakra pieces on a serving plate.
- Spread tomato topping over it and garnish with the chopped coriander.
- Serve immediately.
Calories Carbs Proteins Fats
194 36 8 2