Spinach Basil Chicken
A Protein Package when you are following your Diet for Weight Loss
Normally people prefer having chicken in form of nuggets or lollypops etc. which involves frying it. But when on a diet for weight loss, people generally end up not having chicken as they don’t find it tasty enough. That’s not the case. Chicken form an important source of proteins and including it in diet for weight loss makes it nutritionally rich and tasty.
Below mentioned recipe is a treat to taste buds for someone who is on diet for weight loss. It’s not only rich in Proteins but also low in calories and good source of Vitamins that come from the addition of Spinach (Palak) and Tomatoes
Go ahead and cook this yummy recipe for the dinner tonight!
- 1 Soup Bowl
- 240 Gram Chicken Breast butterflied boneless & skinless
- 4 Cup Palak (Spinach)
- 1 Cup Tomato diced
- 1/2 Cup Basil Leaves
- 1 Table_Sp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Table_Sp Salt
- 1 Tea_Sp Pepper
- 1 Tea_Sp Red Chilli Flakes smoked
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
Check our other recipes – Quinoa Soup with Chicken
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Steam half of the spinach (the other you’ll steam later for a side dish).
- Stuff each butterflied breast with half of the steamed spinach, diced tomatoes and basil.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper inside.
- Roll breasts up and season with a dash of salt and pepper and the smoked paprika.
- Place chicken seam side down in a hot pan that has the olive oil in it.
- Smear chicken on both sides for approx two minutes each or until lightly browned.
- Move chicken breasts to oven safe dish, and deglaze bottom of pan with chicken broth
- Reduce broth slightly and pour over chicken
- Bake chicken until cooked through, about 15 minutes
- While the chicken is baking, steam remainder of spinach
- Serve chicken on top of wilted spinach
Check our Blog on How to Lose Weight Fast in a Week: 7 Weight Loss Exercises
Calories Carbs Proteins Fats
58 1 8 2