Enjoy Healthy Food This Gudi Padwa – Puran Poli
Healthy Food – Puran Poli With A Twist
Enjoy this great twist to the tradition Puran Poli making it a Healthy Food suitable for all age’s.
- 25 Gram Whole Wheat Flour
- 25 Gram Jowar Flour
- 10 Gram Soya Flour
- Water to knead Dough
- 1/4 Tea_Sp Ghee
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Fresh, Grated
- 25 Gram Jaggery
- 1/8 Tea_Sp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Tea_Sp Halim (Garden Cress Seeds)
- 1 Tea_Sp Flax Seeds
Check our Blog on 6 Health Boosting Super Seeds
- 2 Tea_Sp Ghee
For the Chapati:
- Mix all the Flour and Knead it in dough with water as required.
For the stuffing
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the coconut, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes or till it turns light brown in color, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the coconut into a bowl and add jaggery and mix well, keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the Garden cress seeds, Flax seeds and cardamom powder mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal balls and roll it into Chapatis.
- Divide the stuffing into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a chapati on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the stuffing on one half of the chapati.
- Fold the other half of the chapati over the stuffing to make a semi-circle and press it lightly so that the stuffing doesn’t spill out.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using a little ghee, till golden brown spots appear both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 to make other roti.
- Serve immediately.
Calories Carbs Proteins Fats
260 34 7 10