Vegetarian Diet Bean Sprouts Soup Recipe
Making a vegetarian diet into a 3 – 4 course meal makes it more attractive then a simple 2 course meal. Soup or starters form the most important part of the vegetarian diet. Soups can be appetizing, can be low on calories, can be soothing too. Salads are important, mostly as they help in weight loss, are a good source of fibers and makes you feel full.
Bean sprouts are made from sprouting beans, the commonly sprouted are moong and soya ben. Bean sprouts easily add to the nutrients in the vegetarian diet. They can be added to salads, soups, sandwiches, chaats etc. Bean sprouts soup is a Chinese cuisine soup. It is low in calories, carbs and fats and rich in proteins.
Start your meal with this low calorie appetizing soup recipe to make you vegetarian diet further healthy and tasty.
2 Soup Bowl
- 1/2 Cup, Spring Onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup, Red Capsicum (Bell Pepper), chopped
- 1/4 Cup, Green Capsicum (Bell Pepper), chopped
- 3/4 Cup, Bean Sprouts
- 2 Teaspoon, Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon, Oil
- Add to taste: Salt, Pepper
How to make:
- Boil 3 cups of water.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high flame, add the spring onions whites, red capsicum and green capsicum and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and stir for another minute.
- Add the boiling water, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Add the soya sauce and mix well.
- Serve hot with soya sauce and chillies in vinegar
Calories Carbs Fat Proteins
50 6 2 2