Grey colour foods have Cancer-Protecting properties.
They have Anti-Oxidant properties.
India is a country with maximum number of religions and with every different religion comes a different variety of food. So Indian weight loss diet plan is the one that comes with maximum variations in it.
When a person follows a Indian weight loss diet plan he/she tends to come across a lot of new and innovative recipes. Bajra Khichdi is one of those recipes and can be easily included in Indian weight loss diet plan as millets like bajra, jowar , ragi etc are commonly available in each and every part of India.
Bajra which is high in Fibre and Iron when mixed with pulses and vegetables becomes a perfect recipe to be included in Lunch/ Dinner of your Indian weight loss diet plan.
Bajra Khichdi (Serves 2)
- 1/4 cup Whole Bajra (Black Millet) Soaked for 5 hours and drained.
- 1/4 cup Whole Moong Dal (Whole Green Gram)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Jeera (Cumin)
- Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Clove paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Chillies paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Haldi Powder (Turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- Add to taste: Salt, Pepper
- 1 cup Mix Vegetable
- Soak the Bajra well and Moong separately in enough water in a deep bowl for 5 hours and drain well.
- Combine the Bajra, Moong, Green Peas, Salt and 1 cup Water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 5 Whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Keep aside
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the Cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the Hing (Asafoetida), Onion and salute on a medium place for 1 minute.
- Add the Tomatoes, Garlic paste, Ginger paste, Green Chilli paste, Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder and salt, Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, Mash using a Potato masher, While string occasionally.
- Add the cooked Bajra-Moong dal-Green pea mixture and 1/2 cp of water, Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Cal Carbs Proteins Fats
170 28 8 4