A Healthy Breakfast – Jowar and Vegetable Porridge
Get your day started with this perfect Healthy Breakfast
Bored with a very few healthy breakfast options in your weight loss diet. Here we give a unique option with the familiar taste.
A healthy breakfast should be packed with all the necessary nutrient component, and hence it is important to make a smart choice of food to be included in it.
Jowar vegetable porridge being rich in dietary fibre, good quality protein and minerals like iron, phosphorus makes it ideal for healthy breakfast.
It is one of the most common healthy breakfast for the people on gluten free diet.
- 2 Bowls
For the dough:
- 1/2 Cup Jowar Whole powdered coarsely
- 1 Tea Sp Oil
- 1 Cup Mix Vegetable french beans, carrot, peas and cauliflower,chopped
- 1/2 Tea Sp Rai Seeds (Mustard)
- Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
Add to taste:
- Salt and Pepper
For the topping:
- 2 Table Sp Tomato finely chopped
- 2 Table Sp Onion finely chopped
- 2 Table Sp Coriander finely chopped
Also explore our recipes – Cabbage Paneer Sandwich
- Combine the powdered jowar, salt with 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the mixed vegetables and saute on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked jowar mixture, 1½ cups of water and salt, mix well and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Top with the tomato, onion and coriander and serve immediately
Read our blog on A Guide To Healthy Living-Eating Healthy while Eating Out
Calories Carbs Proteins Fats
225 42 6 4