White Food has other nutritional benefits like Beta-glucans and Lignans that provide powerful Immune Boosting activity.
It helps to reduce the risk of Colon, Breast and Prostate Cancers, and Balance Hormone levels, reducing the risk of Hormone-related Cancers.
Momos is type of steamed bun filled with some form of filling. It is the traditional delicacy of Tibetan regions like Nepal and Bhutan, but is also commonly cooked in Sikkim and Darjeeling areas of Indian.
As it is steamed and the filling in it is mostly vegetable based it can be very easily incorporated in Indian weight loss diet plan. Momos can be included in Indian weight loss diet plan with different variations, that has both vegetarian and non vegetarian stuffing
As we all know that presentation plays a very important role in Indian weight loss diet plan, it adds on one more reason to include Momos in it. Momos can be presented in different ways by using different folding techniques..
Veg Momos (Serves 14)
- 1 cup Cabbage
- 1 cup Carrot
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 cup Maida (Refined Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Low Fat Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 2 piece Garlic Clove
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- For the Dough: Combine the plain flour, Add salt and baking powder in a deep bowl, Mix well and knead to a stiff dough with water. Keep aside.
- For the Filling: Heat the oil in a broad pan, add the Onions and Garlic and sauce on a high flame.
- Add the Paneer, Carrot and Cabbage, Saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the Soya Sauce, Salt, Vinegar and black pepper and mix well. keep aside.
- Roll the dough thin and cut into 4”-5” rounds
- Take a round Wet the edges and place some filling in the centre. Bring edges together to cover the filling. Twist to seal and fill the rest in the same way.
- Steam for 10 minutes and serve with Soya and Chilli Sauce.
Cal Carbs Protein Fat
87 15 4 1
Leave a Reply