Stuffed Yellow Capsicum
Yellow fruits and vegetables are teeming with carotenoids and bioflavonoids
These bountiful nutrients will help your heart, vision, digestion and immune system. Maintenance of healthy skin, wound healing, and stronger bones and teeth.
Green is the only color that comes to our mind when we think about Vegetarian Diet and Red is the colour that comes to our mind when we think about Non vegetarian Diet.
But both Non vegetarian and Vegetarian Diet can be made colour ful by using varieties of healthy vegetables like Bell peppers, Purple/ Red cabbage, Beet root, raddish, carrots etc.
Stuffed Yellow Capsicum is one such dish that can be added to your Vegetarian Diet and give a yellowish tinge to it.
It would be good source of fibre , vitamin C and loaded with protein as paneer is used as stuffing .
Stuffed Yellow Capsicum (Serves 4)
- 250 grams Yellow Capsicum
- 2 cups Paneer (Cottage Cheese) low fat
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/4 cup Tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander for garnishing
- *Salt to taste
- Scoop Yellow Pepper tops; Discard the tops or use for another purpose.
- Set chopped Pepper aside.
- Place hollowed-out yellow peppers in a microwave-safe dish; cover and cook in microwave until bright yellow and steaming, about 3 minutes. Set peppers aside.
- Take 1 teaspoon oil, add Spring Onions, diced Tomatoes, Paneer in a skillet with reserved chopped pepper tops, let them cook for a few minutes.
- Add Soya sauce, salt and Pepper, mix well to make the Paneer stuffing.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C)
- Set Peppers upright in an 8×8-inch baking dish. Add the stuffing to the Capsicum and garnish it with grated Paneer and Coriander.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the Peppers are tender, for about 10 minutes.
Calories Carbs Proteins Fat
124 9 18 2
Leave a Reply