CIGARETTE SMOKING IS INJURIOUS TO HEALTH
Love yourself enough to have a Healthy living – Stop Smoking
With every healthy living choice we make, we reduce the risk of diseases and health problems. Choosing to quit smoking is one of such Healthy living habit.
We all have read this statutory warning a million times but kills to quit the habit that can eventually kill you. Here are some of the basic facts that every urban smoker should be aware about smoking
- According to research, every single cigarette reduces your life span by 11 minutes.
- Electronic Cigarettes or E – Cigarettes are in vogue these days. The benefits or health risks are uncertain. E-cigarettes (or electronic nicotine delivery systems) are battery-powered vaporizers that simulate a feeling of smoking but without tobacco. And the act is called Vaping.
- While no serious adverse effects from e-cigarettes have been reported in trials, less serious adverse effects include throat and mouth inflammation, vomiting, nausea, and cough.
- E-Cigarettes are designed to resemble normal cigarettes but they are available in other variations such as pens, USB memory sticks and can even come with fillable tanks.
- E-Cigarettes generally have the following components; a mouthpiece, a cartridge, which holds a liquid solution containing varying amounts of nicotine, flavors, and other chemicals along with a heating device (vaporizer), a battery and possibly a LED light on the end.
- It is widely claimed by manufacturers that E-Cigarettes help you quit smoking but the WHO (World health organization) says that there isn’t considerable amount of evidence to prove this. This makes E-cigarettes an unregulated tobacco product, that contains nicotine—including many that claim they are nicotine-free.
E-Cigarettes may look like a temporary solution. But quitting smoking is the only solution to healthy living. A few insights that can inspire your to kick the smoking habit.
- Less prone to diseases: After a significant amount of Quitting Smoking you are less likely to get smoking-related diseases such as heart disease, cancers, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and peripheral vascular disease.
- Food for quitters: Milk spoils the taste of cigarettes and helps you reduce smoking. A healthy snack containing fresh fruits or vegetables can help you beat nicotine cravings; Carrots, celery, cucumber, radishes, bell pepper slices are great too. Fruits like apple and banana are also known to help.
- Control cravings: Oats is known for lessening the nicotine cravings hence make it part of your daily meal. Cayenne pepper and Ginseng is also known to reduce cigarette cravings. Move towards a healthy living lifestyle and a balanced meal to managing your cravings.
Read our blog on How to beat your sugar craving!
- Go Orange: Oranges and fresh orange juice are a great source of replenishing the vitamin C which smoking robs you off. The smell of orange helps you distract your senses from desiring the cigarette.
- High on Alkaline: High alkaline foods such as spinach, quinoa, beet greens, raisins, figs, whole grain breads, pastas, brown rice, almond and starchy vegetables; such as potatoes, squash, corn constantly circulates nicotine in the body thereby maintains high levels of addictive stuff in your body which reduces the craving.
- Workout: Exercise helps fight addictions by releasing natural feel-good endorphins and easing stress and anxiety. Exercise helps limit weight gain and it also helps in dealing with cravings for a cigarette.
- Water: Increased consumption of water makes cigarette taste awful. It also helps in calming, cure and detoxifying the body. Water cleanses the body from inside as well as outside, and helps reduce anxiety, stress and other irritability that is often accompanied by smoking.
- A musical note: Music helps you take your mind off of cravings. Classical tunes like Mozart, relaxing tunes, or upbeat tune can help you beat the habit and you can dance to celebrate your new “smoke-free” self.
Quit Smoking, Choose Healthy Living