Perfect Dinner Option in Vegetarian Diet- Cabbage Dal Paratha
Perfect Dinner option in Vegetarian diet- Cabbage and Dal Paratha
Vegetarian Diet is thought about lacking in good quality Protein. But inclusion of Cereals, Pulses in Vegetarian Diet increases the bio-availability of protein thus increasing its absorption by the body.
When we think about a Cereal Pulse combination the first think that comes to our mind is Khichdi. But here we present a healthy and tasty option, Cabbage Dal Paratha.
- 4 Medium Paratha
For the dough:
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cabbage finely chopped
- 2 Table Sp Split Yellow Moong Dal soaked and parboiled
- 1 Tea Sp Oil
- 1 Tea Sp Sauf Seeds (Fennel)
- 1/4 Cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tea Sp Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/4 Tea Sp Haldi Powder (Turmeric)
- 1/2 Table Sp Amchur (Raw Mango Powder) powder
Add to taste:
- Salt and Pepper
- Flour for rolling
- Oil for cooking
Check our other recipes – Bajra Khichdi
For the dough
- Combine the flour, salt and oil in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
For the stuffing
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the fennel seeds and onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and cabbage and saute on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the moong dal, mint leaves, turmeric powder, dried mango powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6) diameter circle using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the prepared stuffing on half of the circle and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using a little oil.
- Cook the paratha, using a little oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with curds and a pickle of your choice.
Check our Blog on Diet for Weight Loss or Exercise for Weight loss ?
Calories Carbs Proteins Fats
169 31 6 2