Moong Dal and Spinach Idli
Ideal Healthy Breakfast to Stay Fit ‘N’ Fine
Healthy breakfast should generally be the one that consist of all 5 major nutrients along with a lot of fibre. A cereal pulse combination is the perfect example of it.
Few cereal pulse option that are commonly used to be included in healthy breakfast are Moong paratha, Thalipeeth and Idli’s.
Idli’s are most convenient and common breakfast option in India but addition of vegetables and removal of rice makes it perfect and different recipe for your healthy breakfast.
Moong dal being high in protein and fibre along with spinach which is high in iron and other vitamins and minerals makes it ideal Healthy breakfast recipe.
- 8 Medium
- 1/2 Cup Split Yellow Moong Dal soaked for 3 hours and drained
- 3/4 Cup Palak (Spinach) blanched and chopped
- 2 Piece Green Chillies roughly chopped
- 1 Table_Sp Low Fat Dahi (Curd) low fat
- *Add to taste: Salt,Pepper
- 1/2 Tea_Sp Fruit Salt
- 1/4 Tea_Sp Oil for greasing
Check our other recipes – Mixed Dal Dosa
- Combine the yellow moongdal , spinach and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the curds and salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt to the batter and pour 2 tsp water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Grease the idli moulds using oil, put spoonfuls of the batter into idli moulds and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
Check our Blog on Healthy Breakfast For School Children Tiffins
Calories Carbs Proteins Fats
19 3 1 0
I love south Indian food and idli is my favorite.But I never try spinach Idli and this image looks very tasty.Thanks for sharing this recipe.