Jain Diet Recipes – Jowar Methi Roti
Jain Diet is assumed to be very monotonous and boring as it lacks the use of veggies like potatoes and other roots and tubers. So does it mean that Jain Diet’s can’t have yummy recipes like Aloo Paratha?
We give you a perfect and a tasty replacement for snacking or any time food, Jowar Methi Roti.
Jowar is packed with Calcium, Iron, Protein and Fibre, should be included more often in Jain Diet with different twists and turns that makes it tasty and healthy. Try your hand at this amazing recipe.
- 8 Rotis
- 1 cup Jowar flour
- 1 cup Methi leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Capsicum and Tomatoes finely chopped (Non Jain can include Onions)
- 1/4 cup Coriander chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green Chillies chopped
- 1 tablespoon black Til seeds (Sesame)
- Salt, pepper: Add to taste
Also read our blog on Jain Diet For Weight Loss and Jain Food Restrictions
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 123 mm (5”) diameter circle using a little Jowar flour for rolling
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve immediately.