Have you also fallen prey to Fad Diet?
Facts about Fad Diet: The trending Diet plan for Weight Loss
Fad diet. Both words are self explanatory. While Diet, which is usually meant to either lose or gain weight by regulating one’s daily eating, Fad is more of a craze or a whim, which may not always be logically or scientifically right.
The phrase ‘fad diet’ got its popularity from the glamour world where people follow crazy diet sessions to get into shape fast. The results are impressive and help them look good temporarily for a particular occasion, or earn a favor. However, it can pose a health risk, as the plan is mostly nonscientific.
You know when it is a fad diet when:
- There is a promise of weight loss which is too quick and easy.
- There is drastic cutting back of calories.
- You are asked to take special pills, powders, or herbs.
- You are supposed to cut out fat, sugar, or carbs completely.
- You are required to skip or replace meals with special drinks or food bars.
- You are supposed to stop eating certain types of food or eat special combinations of foods, which give you lesser calories.
- You quickly gain back the weight you lost after you stop the program.
Once you are aware of the disadvantages of fad diet, it becomes easier for you to come out of its field of lure. But then you must also know the correct way of dieting. Here are a few tried and tested tips for a healthy diet plan for weight loss.
- Breakfast, breakfast, breakfast: Numerous studies have showed time and again that the habit of breakfast can actually help you not just lose weight, but also keep it off for a long time. The simple reason behind this importance of breakfast is that by skipping breakfast you find yourself too hungry by mid-morning and binge on the subsequent meals. So eating breakfast regularly is a must. That is also why you should not skip the other meals . Eat each meal, though in small quantity. Keeping yourselves fed will keep you away from uncontrolled eating.
- Do not dump nutrition: While following a diet plan for weight loss, you must also ensure that your body gets all the nutrients required for fitness. So plan a variety of foods which include whole grains, vegetables and fruits.
- What you should limit: Now, here is a small list of what types of foods you should keep off in your diet plan for weight loss:
– Saturated fat: Coconut, soy oil, meat, butter, fish oils, cheese, processed meat.
– Trans fat: Deep fried food, pie crust, pancakes and waffle mixes, processed foods, biscuits.
– Sodium: Salt, baking soda, sauces & papads, cured meat & fish, pickles, instant soups, processed and canned foods
- Sweet tooth? How much sugar does your overall intake give your body? Because foods high in sugar provide less nutrition and more calories. Avoid syrups & sweeteners, soft drinks, candies, dried fruits, cookies, cakes & pies, jams and instant gravies.
- Avoid liquid calories which come through sugary soda, alcohol and fruit juices. Have whole fruits instead of fruit juices.
- Size of your portions: Keep an eye on them. Also check what a particular nutrition label say about the serving size, so that you are aware about your intake.
- I hope this goes without saying. While you follow dieting rules, you are aware that exercise is not an option. See that you exercise 30 to 60 minutes, 4 to 6 times every week.
- How active are you? Along with following a diet plan for weight loss, you also need to have to physically active. A pedometer or step counter can remind and remain aware of how much you have moved within 24 hours. You can then gradually work up your way to at least 10,000 steps per day.
Leave a Reply