Diet for Weight Loss or Exercise for Weight loss ? Simplified

Diet for Weight Loss or Exercise for Weight loss ? Simplified

When we wish to achieve our desired weight, what gives best results – getting on a lean & healthy diet for weight loss or an exercise regimen?

Most fitness trainers will say it’s a mix of both. Keeping those calories burning while eating your way to good health. While this may seem as a common truth which we may agree with, for most of us, this would just remain as wishful thinking. Without really getting down to doing both in equal measure. And without really knowing what the clincher is. So let’s get down to brass tacks and defog some facts about weight control.

For those of us who are averse to sweating it out, here’s the good news. 70% results are achievable simply by changing our food habits and opting for correct diet plan for weight loss. And the rest 30% through exercise.

A healthy diet for weight loss generally is a balanced diet which includes all major and minor food components like Carbohydrates, Protein, Fats, Fibre, Vitamins and Minerals.

Explore our recipes – Roasted Vegetable and Barley SaladCelery Soup Recipe

Many a times, we mindlessly indulge in food and make up for it by exercising twice as much. Though we may get away with it sometimes, this idea won’t really help us sustain in the long run. The reality is that the only way one can lose weight is by burning more calories than one takes in. Simply put, if one goes to the gym and burns 500 calories to follow it up with a lavish 1500 calorie dinner, then one has more than negated the efforts put in the gym.

Weight loss should be pursued with a long term approach and the first step towards this is by a little habit hacking. By changing our eating habits we can follow a practical, healthy lifestyle which eventually leads to a permanent change. Moreover dieting over the years has evolved and customised itself to suit the needs of all food palates without becoming a taxing task. So we can stop dreading dieting.

Also read our blog on – Success Stories | Manoj Bhat | Lost 8.5 kgs in 5 months

It is true that exercise gives us an immediate surge of energy and freshness. But eating healthy food will keep us lighter and fuel our body with a steadier supply of energy. By being more mindful of our calories and following a well prescribed diet plan for weight loss, we allow our self to be more agile which makes up for an increasingly manageable life.

Here at MyDIETist, our nutritionists believe that though diet has an upper hand, our wellbeing and waistline will both benefit by maintaining a cordial relationship between diet and exercise. On an end note, we would just like to put it this way “Nutrition is king, exercise is queen, put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.”

Share this post

Comments (2)

  • Pooja Yadav Reply

    Hello,Thanks for sharing such a excellent post. Useful information you have shared here….Everybody wants to set up the healthy body and this blog is very helpful.

    October 26, 2016 at 3:22 pm
    • Team MyDIETist Reply

      Thanks Pooja for your appreciation.

      Team MyDIETist

      November 3, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>