Dalia Idli – Perfect Substitute for Rice Idli
Dalia or Bulgar wheat or commonly called as Broken wheat is very famous and favorite ingredient of all Dieticians . It is very strongly recommended by them in Diet for Weight loss and also some Therapeutic Diets.
But how to incorporate it in your diet for weight loss is very tricky question, So here we suggest you a new way of adding it to your Diet for Weight loss.
Generally any idlis are quite healthy to be included in Diet for Weight loss but dalia idlis has its own benefits which makes it super healthy and perfect for your diet for weight loss.
Dalia is an excellent source of fibre, Low in fat, High in protein and has low glycemic index which is why it is often suggested in diet for weight loss and Diabetic diet.
40 Small Idlis
- 2 cup Dalia (Broken wheat)
- 3 cup low fat Dahi (Curd) sour
- 1 tablespoon Coriander chopped
- 1 teaspoon Jeera (Cumin)
- 1 tablespoon coconut grated
- 2 teaspoon oil for greasing and roasting
- Add to taste: Salt, Pepper
How to Make:
- Heat little oil in a pan, add the broken wheat and saute till they turn pink in colour.
- Add the salt, curds and cumin seeds and blend in a mixer till smooth using water if required.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes
- Grease the idli moulds using old and place some coriander and coconut in each moulds.
- Pour a spoonful of batter on top and steam in a idli steamer for 15 Minutes or till cooked
- Serve hot
Calories Carbs Fat Proteins
37 6 1 1