Baked Purple Yam Sandwich
Supports Healthy Digestion
High in Anthocyanin
Improves Calcium and Mineral absorption
Reduces Tumour growth
Limits the activity of Cancer cells
Starters or appetizers are something that you have in just before your maincourse. Panner chilly, Panner tikka, Veg Manchurian are common examples of starters in a vegetarian diet.
As we saw in the above list there are very limited healthy options for starters in a vegetarian diet, so to add on to the list of healthy starter in a vegetarian diet we give you one more recipe i.e Baked Purple Yam Sandwich.
It is different as it doesn’t uses bread to stuff the vegetables , instead the slices of yam are used to cover the stuffing and thats how it becomes a healthy starter in your vegetarian Diet.
Baked Purple Yam Sandwich (Serves 6)
- 150 grams Kand (Yam)
- 1/8 cup Dalia (Broken Wheat) roasted and ground finely
- 2 tablespoon Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Chillies chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Hing (Asofoetida)
- 1/4 teaspoon Oil for brushing
- *Salt to taste
- Slice the Kand.
- Steam it until soft. cool.
- For the stuffing, mix all the ingredients very well.
- To proceed, sandwich the and slices with the stuffing.
- Arrange the slices on a greased banking dish and brush lightly with oil.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 15 minutes. Serve hot with sweet and sour chutney.
Calories Carbs Proteins Fat
40 9 1 0
So don’t forget to include it next time as a starter in your parties especially for your dear ones who are on Vegetarian Diet.